For about 5yrs I blogged. The blog was a happy blog and highlighted the lighter side of my life. But as I said before, life got dark and I didn't have the energy to continue with my happy little blog. Friends told me they missed it and asked me to bring it back.
After a 3yr hiatus I thought about it and decided to restart blogging. But that blog was definitely not light. In fact it was all about the dark side of special needs parenting. But then I read a book that got me thinking. "Heaven Is Here" By Stephanie Nielson is about her courageous amazing journey. In it she describes how she blogged about the light and when it got dark she almost gave up blogging. But then she decided to carry on and share both the good and the hard. She is an inspiration.
So in honor of Stephanie Nielson whom I will probably never meet, I have decided to share both sides of life. My goal for the month is to blog daily. I want to share what books I'm reading, what pinterest recipes I've effed up, and the hard parts of my life as well (did I tell you that Cole poked a hole in the wall in a fit of rage?? good times).
If no one reads, that is okay. But I have something to share and I pray that someday I can be an inspiration to someone. I want other special needs mom's to not feel alone, I want my reader friends to tell me what amazing books they are reading, and I really would like a pinterest recipe to work...just once.
No comments:
Post a Comment