We take the kids to the library every week. We have done this for years and the kids love it. We get books, movies, CD's. Something for everyone. So here is the breakdown for this week.
DVDS:
Mr. N and I have been watching the first season of Shameless on DVD. This show is raunchy, weird, touching, and hilarious. It is 100% adult viewing and we only watch it when the kids are in bed. We have started doing this over the summer where we check out a series at the library and then binge watch it at night. In July we watched 4 seasons of Nurse Jackie. It is also raunchy and touching and funny. But not for kids.
The kids got the movie Mars Needs Moms. The message is sweet, about appreciating your family and that kids need Moms and Dads.
Cookbooks:
I am a cookbook luvah. Last week I got What Katie Ate. The photographs are stunning and the recipes looked accessible. I don't like cookbooks with a million steps and ingredients I don't normally have. She has a recipe for baked eggs with potato and prosciutto that I really want to try. I love eggs and I love potato's. So win/win.
Books:
I picked up the newest David Sedaris book Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls. I've been a fan of his for years. Mr. N and I saw him speak a few years ago. He is in person just as you would expect: rumpled, petite, and nervous. His style of writing always amuses me. Every chapter starts with one topic and then veers to a completely different place. Where you start is never where you end up.
I'm also reading Orange is the New Black and I am loving this book. It is a riveting view into a world I hope to never enter.
So what are you reading this week??
No comments:
Post a Comment